What causes scalp patches?
Scalp patches are a common skin disorder characterized by red and scaly patches on the skin of the scalp.
Hair eventually regrows when scalp psoriasis is treated. It is very important to consult a dermatologist if you experience the symptoms of scalp psoriasis.
Check the BELOW remedies!
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR :
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties which help to reduce the redness and irritation. Moreover, it has antiseptic properties which even prevent infections.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to half a cup of water.
- Apply it to the affected areas for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this twice a week.
- Rinse the scalp with lukewarm water.
ALOE VERA :
Aloe vera gives the scalp a soothing effect which causes itchiness and irritation due to the scalp patches.
- Use fresh Aloe Vera gel along with lavender oil for better results.
- After every sitting, wash your hair with a mild, medicated shampoo.
COCONUT OIL :
Coconut oil reduces skin patches and helps to get absorbed in the scalp easily. Moreover, it fights the dryness and the patches do not reoccur.
- Lightly heat the coconut oil before applying it to the scalp. Massage oil on the scalp gently and leave it overnight.
- You can add a few drops of essential oil before applying it.
Yogurt moisturizes the skin and reduces itchiness which is caused by the dryness and scales on the scalp.
- Apply yogurt for about half an hour to the scalp and massage it through. Wash it off with a mild, antiseptic shampoo.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, it treats and prevents infections to a great extent.
- To use ginger as a home remedy for scalp patches, boil a piece of ginger in water. Strain the water and add honey and lemon juice to ginger water and drink it while it is still warm.
ALSO READ :