6 Reasons to eat watermelon

0

6 Reasons to eat watermelon:

Watermelon is one of the most summer conventional fruit. It is 90 percent water and the
rest of the 10 percent contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. Watermelons are one of
the best fruits to beat the summer heat. Watermelons can be easily found in the market
these days. They are very easily available almost in all the areas. This article is going to
change your view about Watermelons, as this succulent fruit comprises of plentiful
benefits some of which are as follows:

Watermelons help in keeping you hydrated:

Watermelon consists of 90 percent of water, which means that if you are having one
good wedge of watermelon you are actually engulfing one glass of water. In addition to
water it consists of electrolytes that are of significant importance for the body.
Electrolytes are predominantly efficient for keeping you hydrated especially in hot
summery days when you loose a lot of the body water in the form of sweat. This
hydrating fruit is indeed the best gift of nature.

Watermelons consists of anti-oxidants:

Watermelons consist of vitamin A and C. They also contain antioxidants. Antioxidants
help to fight free radicals in the body. They protect the cells of the body by supporting
healthy inflammatory processes in the body. Antioxidants are extremely important for
your body especially in summers. Watermelons are a rich source of antioxidants and
they are not at all an expensive buy. Almost everyone can afford this fruit.

Watermelon provides you with a lot of nutrition:

Watermelon mainly consists of water (90%). The rest of the 10 percent contains fiber along with a lot of vitamins and minerals. It consists of healthy minerals like magnesium, copper and vitamin B. Water melon is enormously low in calories which makes it fit for your diet days. Seeds of watermelon are a rich source of iron and zinc. It is a treasure trove of a lot of vitamins and minerals.

Watermelon is good for heart health:

Watermelons consist of lycopene. Lycopene is the reason why there is red hue in the
watermelons. Lycopene helps in the repulsion of free radicals promoting cardiovascular
health. Watermelon also contains a rich amount of potassium. Potassium is a mineral
that is absolute for heart health.

Watermelon relieves soreness of the muscles:

Watermelon has been proved miraculously beneficial for reducing muscle soreness. Watermelon consists of potassium and Citruline (an amino acid). Citruline has been proven to be exceptionally beneficial for the reduction of soreness in the muscles. It is a healthy snack for post workouts.

Watermelons prevent cancer:

Lycopene is known for its anticancer properties. Watermelon mainly consists of
lycopene. In addition to lycopene, Watermelons comprise of a compound called
Cucurbitacin E, which is known for its ability to inhibit tumorous growths in the body.
Watermelons are highly beneficial for the prevention of cancer.