6What causes dark spots in winters?
People usually tend to develop dark spots and patches in winters which are because something triggers their skin to produce that extra melanin, which gives the skin its color!
Dark spots and patches occur in people who have skin of color.
Dark spots and patches often appear when:
- A pimple or patch of psoriasis clears
- A wound caused by an insect bite, cut, burn, or other injury heals
- You take (or apply) certain medications
- A skin or hair care product irritates your skin
- Changes due to hormones occur, such as during pregnancy
If you treat a skin condition like acne or psoriasis so that you stop the flare-ups or breakouts, you’ll eliminate what’s causing the discoloration. Most dark spots will then fade on their own.
CLICK NEXT TO KNOW MORE!