What causes sunburn?
Sunburn is one of the worst skin condition happens in summer. It can happen at any time of the year though but the UV rays of the sun are extremely high in summers.
Melanin is known as the dark pigment which is present in the top layer of the skin which provides the color and also determines how tan you can get.
So Don’t stress we have a list of remedies which will help you get rid of the red and stinging sunburned skin.
Check out the BELOW remedies!
Potato helps to deal with minor skin irritation and soothing scratches, bites, and burns.
Wash and scrub your potatoes thoroughly, and then either grate them over a bowl or cut them up and put them in a blender.
- If they seem too dry, you can add a small amount of water. Pour out the mixture, soak cotton balls thoroughly in it, and apply to sunburn.
MILK COMPRESS :
A cool milk compress is one of the easiest ways to soothe the skin. It helps to protect and heal the skin quickly.
Pour a bowl of milk high enough so that you can thoroughly soak your compress in it.
When the gauze or washcloth is saturated, let the excess liquid drain off. Drape across your burn, pressing gently so that it stays in place, and leave it on for as long as needed.
BAKING SODA :
Baking soda provides the skin with a cool and silky texture.
How much cornstarch or baking soda you need will vary depending on how big of an area you want to cover.
- Whichever one you are using add cool water-not cold- little by little until it has reached a paste-like consistency.
- Smear the paste gently over your burn and leave on until the heat or pain has let up some. Rinse off completely.
ALOE VERA :
Aloe vera helps to soothe the skin well and provides the skin with a cool effect.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the affected area.
- Let the mixture stay for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Vinegar helps heal sunburn or mildly burned tissue in general. Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar seems to work the best, and often times proponents of this method say are most effective after a cool or tepid shower.
Try this after taking water only shower if possible.
- Fill a spray bottle with pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar, and spritz it onto your burn, or soak cotton balls and apply. Let it dry.
Latest posts by Maham Syed (see all)
- TOP WINTER REMEDIES FOR SOFT PINK LIPS IN 5 DAYS - December 6, 2019
- TOP 5 REMEDIES TO REGROW HAIR NATURALLY IN THREE WEEKS - December 6, 2019
- TOP 5 REMEDIES FOR HORMONAL ACNE ON CHEEKS - December 6, 2019